7 November 2017
Fashion and beauty brand LOOK today reveals the winners of its first beauty awards, celebrating the very best in beauty.
Honouring 66 products across five categories, the LOOK Beauty Awards 2017 span make-up, skincare, hair, body (including nails) and fragrance to recognise the best-loved products in the market and provide beauty fans with an ultimate guide to those items worthy of a spot on their beauty shelves.
The products gracing the winners’ list were handpicked by an expert judging panel comprising of the LOOK team, including acting editor Maxine Eggenberger, beauty editor Lydia Thompson and deputy beauty editor Chloe Burcham, along with the team behind LOOK’s Glow Gang, a YouTube series dedicated to reviewing the latest products. Complementing the panel were influential beauty bloggers from the LOOK Influencer Network, including Amena Khan, Shirley B. Enaing and Caroline Hirons, as well as a selection of readers, all previous contributors to the magazine’s weekly feature Beauty Advisor. They were specially chosen to vote for their favourites due to their sheer love of trialling and discovering the latest beauty products in search for the very best.
Justine Southall, Time Inc. UK’s managing director, fashion & beauty, says: “We are so delighted that the inaugural LOOK Beauty Awards has had such a fantastic response from the industry. The combined power of LOOK as a brand and the relationships we have within our LOOK Influencer Network has really resonated with the beauty companies across the market.”
Lydia Thompson adds: “The LOOK Beauty Awards are an exciting addition to the beauty calendar, revealing the must-have buys we’ve personally tried-and-tested and truly love. Winning an award not only brings creditability but will also aid as a definitive guide for readers.”
The LOOK Beauty Awards 2017 winners include:
- Best Foundation - bareMinerals, BAREPRO Performance Wear Liquid Foundation SPF20
- Best Mascara - Givenchy, Noir Interdit Mascara
- Best Highlighter - Sleek MakeUP, Solstice Highlighting Palette
- Best Lip Product - Charlotte Tilbury, Matte Contour Liquid Lipstick
- Best Cleanser - Cetaphil, Gentle Skin Cleanser
- Best Moisturiser - La Roche-Posay, Effaclar Duo [+]
- Best Exfoliant - Dermalogica, Daily Superfoliant
- Best Serum - Clarins, Double Serum
- Best Shampoo - OGX, Thick & Full + Biotin & Collagen Shampoo
- Best Conditioning Treatment - Aussie, 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor Treatment
- Best Curl Enhancer - Bumble and Bumble, Curl Defining Crème
- Best Finishing Product - John Frieda, Extra Strength Serum
- Best Shower Gel - Rituals, The Ritual of Sakura Foaming Shower Gel
- Best Body Moisturiser - Sol de Janeiro, Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
- Best Self Tan - St Tropez, Express Bronzing Mist
- Best Nail Polish - OPI, Infinite Shine
- Best Fragrance - Jimmy Choo, L'Eau
- Best Body Fragrance - Nuxe, Sun Fragrant Water
The awards were presented this morning at an exclusive breakfast event at Ace Hotel in London, attended by beauty industry experts and hosted by Justine Southall and Lydia Thompson.
The full list of winning products are featured in LOOK’s Beauty special issue, cover dated 13 November, on sale today, as well as on a dedicated LOOK Beauty Awards 2017 channel on www.look.co.uk/beautyawards2017
Sarra Selcuk, Time Inc. UK
020 3148 5402 email@example.com